Grad School App
My second grade class was anything but ordinary. Mrs. Topoleski wouldn't let it be. Even though the rest of the world looked at us like we were little kids, in that class we knew that we could think big, dream big and do big things. While other classrooms' bulletin boards boasted paper hearts and cut-out letters, ours came alive with wires, motors and batteries. Even the big sixth graders looked at us enviously as we launched our self-made rockets high into the sky while they were stuck with the usual recess.
I currently have what I consider to be an ordinary job. I work hard and I do my best, but I am not passionate about it. Unfortunately I never see it becoming anything but ordinary for me. After a year and a half here I have learned a lot, but also realized I am just existing without making any type of impression. I am sure this job is perfect for someone, but at this point, I can say with certainty that that person is not me.
I cannot express how happy I was to find out there was a program like this one. I have always loved learning at a fast pace. I completed my Bachelor's Degree a semester early because I loved the accelerated pace, the heavy course loads and the pressure of getting it all done. This program at Georgian Court allows me to keep the fast pace I thrive off of while reaching my goal of becoming a teacher the most efficiently. After obtaining a liberal arts degreeing and working in a corporate atmosphere, I feel adequately rate to place a large emphasis on a highly concentrated education program.
I have always loved the classroom setting. I can remember begging my mom to let me go to school even though I had strep throat. After graduating college, I missed having the opportunity to practice complex equations and discuss world literature all within the a two-hour time frame. I long for that feeling of switching gears, learning new things and meeting new people who feel the same way. I sincerely look forward to going back to the classroom as a student, and hopefully one day as a teacher with students of my own.
Everyone remembers certain teachers, be it the third grade teacher who gave you the secret behind memorizing multiplication tables, the high school teacher who coached you to the soccer championships, or the professor who helped you get through your first year away from home. Regardless of how long ago it was, how far you now are from your alma matter, or what friends you lost touch with, you will always have the memories of that one teacher who refused to just be ordinary. I hope I can one day be that teacher.
I currently have what I consider to be an ordinary job. I work hard and I do my best, but I am not passionate about it. Unfortunately I never see it becoming anything but ordinary for me. After a year and a half here I have learned a lot, but also realized I am just existing without making any type of impression. I am sure this job is perfect for someone, but at this point, I can say with certainty that that person is not me.
I cannot express how happy I was to find out there was a program like this one. I have always loved learning at a fast pace. I completed my Bachelor's Degree a semester early because I loved the accelerated pace, the heavy course loads and the pressure of getting it all done. This program at Georgian Court allows me to keep the fast pace I thrive off of while reaching my goal of becoming a teacher the most efficiently. After obtaining a liberal arts degreeing and working in a corporate atmosphere, I feel adequately rate to place a large emphasis on a highly concentrated education program.
I have always loved the classroom setting. I can remember begging my mom to let me go to school even though I had strep throat. After graduating college, I missed having the opportunity to practice complex equations and discuss world literature all within the a two-hour time frame. I long for that feeling of switching gears, learning new things and meeting new people who feel the same way. I sincerely look forward to going back to the classroom as a student, and hopefully one day as a teacher with students of my own.
Everyone remembers certain teachers, be it the third grade teacher who gave you the secret behind memorizing multiplication tables, the high school teacher who coached you to the soccer championships, or the professor who helped you get through your first year away from home. Regardless of how long ago it was, how far you now are from your alma matter, or what friends you lost touch with, you will always have the memories of that one teacher who refused to just be ordinary. I hope I can one day be that teacher.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home